What is Wand® STA? The Wand® STA provides a painless, stress-free alternative to dental anesthesia via syringe. It is a small hand piece that looks like a pen. It delivers a computer-regulated flow of anesthetic and is comfortable for dentist to hold, meaning that the injections will be consistent, accurate, and painless for the patient every time! Most time, injection discomfort often caused by too much anesthetic is delivered too fast in a confined area of tissue. Because these flow-rate control devices inject the anesthesia slowly, which ultimately improve patient comfort.
- Innovative injection techniques
- Reduced injection discomfort. No more fear and anxiety!
- Injections do not produce collateral numbness to the lips, face, and tongue, which means patients can speak clearly and comfortably immediately after injection
- Uses less anesthesia to achieve the same result
- Faster onset of anesthesia
- Ergonomic handpiece is comfortable for the clinician and non-threatening to patients
- Especially useful for children and dental phobics
- Single Tooth Anesthesia (STA) painlessly and effortlessly delivers computer controlled amounts of anesthetic to the PDL space for profound anesthesia of a single tooth.
Do you consider yourself a “dental phobic”? If so, you are not alone. It is estimated that nearly 50% of Kenyans, experience some anxiety when visiting the dentist. The STA Single Tooth Anesthesia System is just the perfect solution for you!